|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|STIR-FRY BEEF & BROCCOLI|
1 lb. lean beef (London broil, round steak, thinly sliced)
3 tbsp. soy sauce
5 tbsp. beef broth, dry sherry, or water
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/8 tsp. red cayenne pepper
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1 can or 2 c. fresh bean sprouts
2 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
1/4 c. chicken or beef broth
1 bunch fresh or frozen broccoli, cut
1/4 c. olive or peanut oil
1/2 tsp. salt (or to taste)
1. Cut partially frozen meat across the grain into thin slices. Marinate in a mixture of 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons water, brown sugar, pepper and 2 teaspoons cornstarch, for at least 30 minutes.
2. Combine the chicken broth with 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch and 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce for gravy.
3. Wash the broccoli, cut the flowers from the stems and cut the stems into 1/4 inch pieces (or use frozen prepared).
4. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in wok. Add onion and sautÚ until translucent; add garlic and broccoli, sprinkle with salt, pepper (s) and toss. Add 3 tablespoons sherry, broth or water and cook until crisp tender but still bright green; remove from heat and transfer to dish.
5. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil and heat. Add beef and stir fry until it cooks through. Stir in broth mixture and cook and stir until it thickens. Add broccoli and bean sprouts and heat through. Serve.
Meat can be sliced and marinated the day before or can be frozen in the marinade. Cooked thin pasta may be substituted for the bean sprouts.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|
|┬ź PREVIOUS RECIPE||NEXT RECIPE ┬╗|